Wednesday, 18 September 2013

Attestation from HEC Lahore

In this post I will mention the steps that should be followed to attest your degree from HEC Lahore branch.

  1. For your convenience you should register at http://das.hec.gov.pk/ and provide all the details regarding the attestation and create an application. You can print the document if you want but I would say that it may not be needed. You can print that in HEC department, its also recommended by HEC officers. 
  2. HEC Lahore office location can be found at http://www.hec.gov.pk/INSIDEHEC/RCENTERS/RCLAHORE/Pages/SiteAddress.aspx
  3. Documents needed at HEC office. All original degrees/transcripts + a copy of all of these. CNIC + photocopy
  4. You have to be in Gulberg 3 HEC office at 8:00 am in morning. There you will get the token, kindly note that there are only 50 tokens so you need to be there in time.
  5. Then you need to get to the lab to print the document that you created, print it and bring it to Window 1/ Window 2 as per your token. Don't bother standing in the line as they always call the token. There they will sign your forms and ask you to submit the fee in bank. Search "Habib Bank, Gurumangat Road, Lahore, Pakistan" in googlemaps its very close to HEC lahore office.
  6. Submit the fees and bring the receipt along with photocopies and original documents to Window 3. They will submit that and give you 3 to 4 working days of processing.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frequently Asked question regarding HEC attestation

Q: Can we submit the Fee in advance in HBL and save the time? The fee as mentioned in my HEC page and that is 800 for each degree, so can we do the submission part 1st and just take the receipt there or the HEC gives me some form to submit the fee on ?

A: In short HEC gives us extra form to submit fees on.  
   You know how system works in government offices here. I agree that it could have been done but I haven't seen anyone doing it. I think one reason may be because if we use this approach then bank will end up having no record of where the fees is  submitted on the other hand if we print the form and try to submit it first before going to HEC then in that case the form will have no HEC officer signature on it. 
  I asked one officer what if I print the form before coming to HEC and immediately get it signed by officer, he said that there can be issue in it since applications printed elsewhere aren't recognized by the system (however I doubt that too).
   So I would advise to follow the procedure normally followed to avoid any inconvenience.





Q: Does HEC Lahore office works on saturdays? and what is the total time required ?
A: I have no idea whether they work on Saturdays or not. I think you will be able to sign your documents till 10:00 am, submission of fee can take another 30/45 mins, form submission is usually quick provided that the officer is available on Window.



Q: What is the total fees for this attestation process ? 
A:  800 for each original document and 500 for a photocopy. As an example for BS and MS degree + photocopies total fees is
BS Degree 800
MS Degree 800
Both photocopies 1000
So total will be 1600 for original degrees and additional 1000 for 2 photocopies.



No comments:

Post a Comment